What's New at KPIT Sparkle?
KPIT Sparkle Grand Finale 2023 - An event of technological immersion
KPIT Technologies, one of India's leading IT solutions providers, recently concluded its grand finale event on 19th March 2023 at their Pune Phase 3 Campus. The event was a culmination of months of hard work, innovation, and dedication by teams from across the country who competed in various rounds to showcase their technical and problem-solving skills.
Over the period of 9 months, the competition saw participation from over 12000 teams from top engineering colleges across the country, with the top 24 teams qualifying for the Grand Finale. The finalists were judged by a panel of experts from the industry, including senior executives from KPIT Technologies and other leading companies in the field of automotive and energy.
The event was a grand success, with the finalists showcasing some truly innovative and cutting-edge solutions. Here are the winning teams and projects
|Recycling of valuable metals from spent lithium ion batteries (lithium, cobalt, nickel, manganese) and reusing them for battery making.
|W2W Energy, Fuel and Mobility Generation From Innovative Biogas Plant.
|Government College of Engineering, Jalgaon
|Novel solar electric thruster propulsion system for Nano to Micro Satellite for Indian Space Technology.
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial technology, Bhubaneshwar
|Anna University, Chennai.
|Design and development of an efficient indigenous hydrogen(HHO) generation system by dry cell electrolysis method.
|Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai
Mr. Ravi Pandit, Chairman KPIT Technologies, said, "KPIT Sparkle has touched the lives of over 1 lakh students in India and urged them to innovate on challenges in mobility and energy to make the world clear, smarter, and safer. This has also created an opportunity for talent to immerse themselves in an ecosystem of like-minded individuals and explore their passion for mobility while developing skills and expertise to benefit them in their future careers."
Padma Vibhushan Dr. Raghunath Anant Mashelkar said, "Its heartening to see KPIT Sparkle grow edition after edition to scale the platform for innovation and engaging young talent in the country. Solving challenges in the field of mobility and sustainable energy will have great impact to create a better world. I am delighted to see the young minds passionately work towards it though KPIT Sparkle."
Dr. Anil Sahasrabudhe, Chairman of EC National Assessment and Accreditation Council and National Educational Technology Forum, was the chief guest at the grand finale event.
The Jury The finalists were evaluated by a jury comprising national and international experts from the academic, business, automotive, technology fields along with multiple leaders from KPIT Technologies:
- Dr. Sanjeev Srivastava, Chief Operating Officer (I-STEM) at IISC Bengaluru
- Dr. Siddhartha Mukhopadhyay, Professor and Head, Department of Electrical Engineering and School of Energy Science & Engineering at IIT Kharagpur
- Mr. Pradeep Chandrashekhar, Deputy Chief Engineer car program at OLA Electric Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. A.S. Ravikumar, General Manager - Product Engineering at Daimler India Commercial Vehicle Pvt. Ltd
- Mr. Balkrishna Mahajan, Founder Director, and Principal Designer at Ticket Design
- Dr. Somnath Sengupta, Asst Prof at IIT Kharagpur
- Dr. Milind Rane, Professor, and Head Heat Pump Lab at IIT Bombay
- Dr. Pallavi Bharadwaj, Assistant Professor, IIT Gandhinagar
- Dr. Nisha Singhania, Manager at Atotech an MKS brand.
- Dr. Daniel Goldsmith, Lecturer in Ethical Hacking and Network Security at Coventry University
- Ms. Rashmi Rao, Industry Manager - Automotive at MathWorks
- Mr. Shobhit Shrotriya, MD R&D life sciences at Accenture
- Mr. Pritesh Doshi, Head of Mechatronics and Electrification at DANA
- Mr. Vijay Kadam, Head of Commercial Vehicle Business Unit at DANA
- Multiple business and technology leaders from KPIT
In conclusion, the KPIT Grand Finale was a truly inspiring event that showcased the immense talent and creativity of India's engineering students. The event was a testament to KPIT Technologies' commitment to fostering innovation and technology in the automotive and transportation industry. We look forward to seeing more such initiatives from the company in the future.
The event wouldn't have been successful without our partners.
We thank all our partner for making this event a grand success.
CSR PARTNER -
KNOWLEDGE PARTNERS -
Triz Association of Asia
National Institute of Design
INCUBATION PARTNERS -